OSOM is a technology startup that prioritizes your privacy. We believe the best user experiences are those encompassing a holistic approach, taking both hardware and software into account.
OSOM is looking for an electrical engineer who can bring a new perspective and integrate cutting-edge technologies into our product lines. In this unique position, you will have a wide-dynamic and highly-visible role ranging from understanding device physics, implementing circuit design, leading prototype design, RF review, validating system integration and supporting mass production.
- Determine component requirements, and develop schematic designs for innovative camera modules containing digital image sensors, microcontrollers, low-noise power supplies, LED drivers, and high-speed serial interfaces
- Analyze circuit parasitics and tolerances to ensure correct operation over the specified voltage and temperature ranges
- Direct layout and/or supervision of layout for PCB, Flex, and Ceramic substrates
- Debug EE issues, including power quality, high-speed signal integrity and I2C interface performance
- Electrical test and validation of all electrical designs
- Author clear and comprehensive electrical test documentation for manufacturing partners to complete test and validation
- Simulation, test, and validation of EMI and ESD performance of all designs
- Develop new test equipment and procedures for camera module validation and production test
- BS/MS/PhD in a relevant field (EE, CS or Physics)
- Experience with PCB layout
- Familiarity with standard consumer electronic modules, including RF and camera
- Familiarity with micro-controller and instrument programming
- Experience using Matlab and/or Labview
- Ability to travel internationally (<10%)
- Proficient verbal and written english language skills. Additional languages a plus
- International remote work possible
- US applicants must be authorized to work in the US
At OSOM, we are committed to providing an environment fundamentally built on mutual respect; where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, nationality, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military service and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. OSOM believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company.
If you need any accommodations or assistance with applying for a position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure you reference the role in the subject line and attach your resume.